Monday, September 3, 2007

领悟

After a busy period, finally found time to write sth. Hmm, last posts were filled with much heavy feelings. Looking back, I was so foolish to harbour such thoughts.


2 weeks back, I went to support Liming's Dancetitude Concert @ NTU ADM. Nice, exciting & a very difference experience! Finally saw our hip-hop king in action, haha... SOUL of 绝对 Superband were also invited to perform there. But at the end of the show, when they said Ishi has passed on, I was shocked. Haiz...

Then to all my friends who sms-ed me on my birthday, 我想说...


All these years, this is one which I received the most birthday sms. So 感动...

[ An Unexpected Encounter ]

That morning, I was having breakfast alone in the company canteen. A colleague from other department (whom I don't know) asked if he could share the table with me. Only a few people around & plenty of space. We chatted for quite sometime. He said one thing that's quite true...

"Remember, don't do all the tasks your boss asked you to, including what he/she repeatedly says important. Do only what you think is important. In short, prioritise."

[ A Lesson from The Enlightened ]

That night I received a Buddhist email newsletter, "The Daily Enlightenment". It links to a Buddhist website which provides daily advice. It says

"Nothing, whatsoever, should be clung to.
Let go, let go of letting go."

It mentions 2 forms of clinging, i.e. one that leads to more clinging, resulting of swirling in the rounds of Samsara in a vicious cycle or clinging that leads to the freedom of non-clinging - like hanging on to a lifesaver. And another article also said

"It is not that others make you unhappy, but your thoughts about what they say and do (or not) that makes you so. If you wish others to treat you well, you have to first treat yourself well. This would include not imagining others can ever "make" you unhappy. This also means that others cannot give you happiness – you have to decide to be happy. Happiness depends on how you condition your mind internally; not external conditions."

I reflected for moment. It's so true! This is the root of the problems. 我真的想太多了. Hmm, I shall try to be more optimistic & not to put too high expectations on anything. It's really about achieving balance. Hope I can really do it one day...

No comments: