Sunday, September 23, 2007

Dance & Film - Creative Forms of Expression



Yeah, finally squeezed out some time to watch movies with AL yesterday, though it has been screened for quite some time liao. I liked the movie, the graphics were good, just like The Incredibles. Food is one of the best things in life & I agree with Chef Gusteau's belief that "Anyone Can Cook". Haha, but I'm a bad cook. My only niche area is instant noodles. Come, come, instant noodles, anyone?

"Not everyone can be a great cook,
but a great cook can come from anywhere."

The movie is funny & captured well the essence of Paris, the artistic capital with a unique appreciation of the meaning of food and wine. The night scenery in Paris as animated in the movie was so enchanting... How I wish I could visit Paris one day to experience that artistically-rich atmosphere!



After movie, went to NUS University Cultural Centre to watch Dance Reflections 2007 : The Next Wave 2007 - Fifteen, by The NUS Dance Ensemble. Hip-hop & Asian dances, e.g. Indian dances & even contemporary dance with Balinese influence were presented. They've put up a professional performance & some are really unique in a sense that they used a very different way of expressing a theme. I must admit that it was a rather chim art for me, especially trying to interpret the meaning of the dance moves, while immersing in music, expressions & orchestrated movements. But it's a fun, refreshing and enriching experience as I learn to appreciate art, taking a short break away from engineering and science.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.