Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Dream Come True?

I've finally been pre-allocated for FYP by Prof Arvind on the project "Modeling of Matrix-Assisted Protein Refolding". It has always been my dream to do something which combines chemical engineering and biotechnology, which has the potential to improve people's health & life. This project provides an opportunity for me to achieve that. Somemore, with Prof Susanna as my co-supervisor, I couldn't ask for more, since she's also my ex-IA supervisor.

For Prof Kunn, I am really really sorry to tell him that I have accepted another prof's offer. That's really a bad karma to reject first, as I have a very strong hunch that I'll get pre-allocated again. Now that I've learnt a lesson : Don't overplan things & don't be too kiasu. Things may not turn out to be as bad as I think. Too extensive planning is no good at all, especially when it involves other people's trust in you.

My only concern is that there's no lab experimental work for this project & it's entirely a theoretical, conceptual & MATLAB-based modeling & simulation project. Furthermore, facing computer more frequently than now gonna make me even more nerdy. But thinking again, it's important to learn how to model systems, which would be beneficial in the future, since its applications extend far beyond chemical engineering field. Guess I really think too much.

Haha, I should be happy now, as I don't need to worry about computer allocation anymore. Thank God! Hurray!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratz... told u to be relax le.

Anonymous said...

Hey CS, thanks le. Haha, yah can celebrate liao! Woohoo!