Friday, July 25, 2008

The Trip Back Home (21-25 July 2008)

This trip was probably the last one for this year, since the super-packed schedule for Year 4 may not allow me to go back during the next vacation.

Haha, can you smell it?

I didn’t do much at home, mostly helped to tend the shop & ate. Lol, we had a Durian Feast this time. But it’s so heaty that the moment the feast ended, I kinda having sore throat, felt as if I wouldn’t be able to talk the next day. The cure? A cup of salt water! For best result, pour the salt water into the durian shell & drink it from there. Although this method is of unknown origin, but it’s effective & for my case, the result was almost immediate :)

Haha, as usual, I ate to my hearts content all my favourite dishes, e.g. Bak Kut Teh, Spicy Fried Fish, Pork Cubes with Potato, Fried Fish with Tomato Sauce, Char Kuey Tiaw, etc. Not to forget the delicious Bak Chor Porridge With Egg that I had with my Agong every morning. So healthy & delicious!

The day before, I spent my last bit of salary on a new pair of glasses, since the current one is crooked, uncomfy (as it exerts quite an amount of stress on my head) & also cannot block computer radiation. After some recommendations by the optometrist, I chose a more comfy design with all the standard protective features plus an extra layer for blocking off computer radiation, which cost +/- $67 in total. Hmm, I think it’s quite cheap relative to here.


The good thing which happens every time I go back is that I have to adjust back my biological clock to normal & healthy range, which is kinda impossible to achieve while in Singapore.

About 1 more week left before the new semester starts. I can already sense the intensity of it. But I feel happy as I finally have something meaningful to do, instead of wasting away here. Must really work hard this time!

No comments: