Wednesday, June 6, 2007

ATP Chalet @ Costa Sands Resort (Pasir Ris)

The 4-5 June were the very special days of this month. It's such a 难得 occasion that all ATP members, together with visiting scholar (Liming), were going to chalet to celebrate Chiu Seng & Tat Kuan's birthdays together. Hmm, I have a lot of things to say, so please bear with me...

The adventure started from NTUC FairPrice @ Pasir Ris MRT Station, where we all shopped to prepare for steamboat "makan-makan session" in the evening. It has been a long long time since the last time I had steamboat with a group of friends. Haha, the shopping process was fun, as it's chaotic to have 八个人 shopping together. Bought a trolley of stuff & Shu Zheng was threatening to deduct Chiu Seng's birthday budget for subsequent years, haha... All these things started bcoz of Liming's constant worry if the food was enuff for 八个人, again. In the end, this 八个人 became buzzword of the day! The fun-loving 八个人 are :

From left to right : Kit Bun, Liming, Zhi Rui, Shu Zheng

From left to right : Jia Yee, Chiu Seng, Tat Kuan and Me

Then from FairPrice, we headed straight to the chalet. After settling down, went to have bicycle-riding session along the Pasir Ris Park. Cycled for almost 2 hours & then went back to chalet to prepare for steamboat, haha! Most of the preparation work was done by 3 个劳苦功高的 chefs, Shu Zheng, Jia Yee & Zhi Rui, while the boys happily sat down watching TV & chatting while waiting for the ingredients to be prepared...

ATP 全家幅

After the steamboat session, the 重点 was on the birthday boyz & the cake! Hmm, CS is 22 & TK turning 23. So we're fretting over how many candles to put for both. Then going by the CBE tradition, i.e. everything must be done in a mathematical way, soooo... we take average! Yah, so it's 22.5 years old, haha!!

Haha, see how happy they were with 2+2+0.5 candles = 22.5 years old!

Then after birthday celebration, the mahjong lab session starts. The lab instructors consisted of KB, CS, TK & SZ and with 3 students, LM, JY & me. The exciting thing was that I won on my 1st attempt, under guidance of KB, hahaha.. But after that, in return for their effort, paid a lot of blue, purple, yellow & red-chip stocks to all the 师傅s...

The 3 师傅s & Liming happily chatting & laughing


Me looking blankly at the mahjong tiles


Poor me trying to make sense of the complicated mahjong theory in the middle of the nite... Must have made the instructors suffer a lot, teaching this clumsy & as-usual-always-blur-and-always-forget-the-rules student.. Haha, but observed 1st-hand the accuracy of "风水位". At 1st SZ kept winning, then the "财神" shifted to CS & he frequently won again... Hmm, next time must use my EM103 know-how to predict the 风水位... Haha, looks like this Suppie is becoming a mahjong-addict!

Nominated Farniest Picture of the Day

"The Fuming Tat Kuan"

Near the completion of mahjong-marathon, the sun slowly rose... Then gradually experiencing a feeling of 舍不得. Why must it end so soon? It's not the mahjong that I'm referring to, but the gathering... Although my eyelids already half-closed n brain also half turned-off (obvious from the photo above), but I'm strongly aware that.... I have such an amazing bunch of very good, sincere, understanding, caring, fun-loving, interesting, thoughtful, humorous friends and the list goes on... A lot of times, I feel that I'm so weird, coz I'm too shy for a person of my age. I'm trying to change this annoyin' thing, hoping more people can accept me. The good thing is that I know I have a good start, since I got to know such a group of precious friends who dun mind my weirdness, willing to accept me, sharing joys & solving difficult problems together... Yeah, I can be very emotional sometimes, especially when I deeply feel about sth...

In short, I'm so fortunate & glad to know u guys. I really had a great time and it was a fun-filled chalet!

No comments: